Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lesson #1: Dont sign up for online dating at work

So I went through the "quick and easy" process of signing up for a new "up and coming" dating site. I made sure that all this action was happening on my smaller screen, making the windows as small as I could, while still being legible. After steps 1-4 and then adding a quick picture screen-grabbed from Facebook (and then a little Facebook stalking, just to be fair) I completed the process, closed out all windows and then clicked a link confirming completion. Then I took a bathroom/"socializing with Megan" break.

Then I came back to THIS:


My office has no walls. And the screens are huge. And now there's a GIANT profile pic of myself with a large headline "Welcome to Herway" on my screen (for what had probably been 10-15 minutes). Not to mention the unfortunately ambiguous name Herway.

So now my office either thinks I am on a lesbian dating group, a spokesperson for tampons, or joining a feminist rally.

Awesome.

2 comments: