Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My mom does not approve

So I am feeling guilty.

I told my mom about Sixteen Dates. (Note: this conversation probably wouldn't have happened had I not been at my parent's house for the past 10 days. Also why I am posting two blogs in a row).

She was with me until I got to the part about what happens to the girl who does not get her four dates (i.e. Staten Island Stud).

"Oh Trin (my nickname, pronounced trEEn with a thick Chicago accent). That's meeeeean (emphasis on the long e sound). You're going to get his hopes up just to crush him."

I tried to explain that it's just one date and no one expects a relationship after ONE date. Plus we aren't going to be mean to him in person.

(To my dad, who is sitting in the same room) "Hun, did you hear what your daughter is doing?"

The next day...

My mom and I are watching tv and she asks me out of the blue, "This guy, what if he does find out?"

I realized she was referring to SI Stud and assured her, "HE WON'T!"

A few days later in the car...

Again, out of the blue. "So I have an idea, Trin, for this date thing. How about the girl who doesn't get all of her dates has to do something crazy. Like sing karaoke in Times Square in front of everybody...and you guys can choose the song she has to sing!"

Ok, my mom is obviously very bothered by this. Should we be? Are we cold and heartless and that is why we are single??

1 comment: