Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Date Recap: CFH Date #2

How we met:
M and I know each other through a mutual friend. We’ve met in the past but never really hung out one on one. We found each other on okcu (“research” on both our parts) and decided to get a drink.

About him:
M is a radio producer in his late 20s, lives in Clinton Hill. Handsome, charming, smart. He also always seems to be dating someone new.

Date:
Since M was sent the link to this blog by our friend (NOT by me, ladies!), I can’t say much. He promised not to read it, but if I were in his shoes I would probably read it anyway…so…I’ll just say that for some reason I was dreading it, but ended up having a really lovely time. I'm looking forward to round 2, which will hopefully involve tequila. (Because he’s a fan, not because I’m an alcoholic).

Now, for the funniest part of the evening:

Towards the end of the night, he admitted that he’d read our blog and had a confession. I’m blushing, of course, because boys aren’t supposed to read any of this shit. And, a confession?! That doesn’t sound good. Has he read my embarrassing posts and decided there’s no chance he’ll ever be seen with me again? Did he ask me out just to get my numbers up, because he noticed I was trailing on the leaderboard? (I was on vacation! And joined late!, I’m thinking.)

No. He was reading through the blog and realized that he is Midwest Man. Yes, that’s right – of KP Date #3 and possible booty call fame.

I mean, really?!?! Really. Just my luck. Does our rendez-vous even count as Date #2, given our no recycling policy? Comments, please.


4 comments:

  1. OMFG. Can we please get more of a description about HOW this convo went down?!?!?!

    This is out. of. control.

    Yes it counts, esp due to the ridiculous nature of this coincidence. NYC is not that small.

    Oh and Midwest Man, how do you feel about dating half of our blog?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, let's not encourage him to comment! I think KP and I would both like to believe that he will never read the blog again. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whaaaaaa? ok, Midwest Man, you've got some splainin to do.

    guest post asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should start shopping around the screenplay for this romcom. it'll be a hit!

    ReplyDelete