Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thank God for the Princess Pack

Pimpin aint easy, but it sure is fun. At least that’s what I’ve heard from many non-pimps. But I’ve realized that its not the actual dating or even pimping that’s hard. It’s GETTING the dates. I guess I assumed I wasn’t trying. And that once I did, it would all fall into place. I mean I stopped wearing my headphones at coffee shops and EVEN on the subway, isn’t that enough to get a little love?

Enter awkward online dating and crazy “only in NYC” approaches to meet and greet. Most recent tale, coming soon. Let’s just say it involves 3 girls, a male nurse, and rejection.


At this point, I’m just banking on getting dates from people asking me “what shape are your silly bands?” Thank you to my 11 year old niece, for giving me the stiletto, crown and magic wand with glitter, while keeping the awesome grown-up shapes for yourself. I’m sure this will give me tons of street cred...

2 comments:

  1. um - i have the princess pack of silly bands - what does that say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i didn't even know what silly bands were until a week ago.

    that's what i get for dating 37-year-olds.

    ReplyDelete