Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Is there an instruction manual for this?

Ok so I have a date tonight.

Yes we are a MONTH into the challenge. Yes this is my FIRST date. And yes, the 0-4 status was plaguing me worse than the "four fouls, no points" cheer.

And when I got to the bottom of my 5th floor walk up, I realized it's going to rain today. My general thought process: getting wet is better than 5 flights of stairs.

But as I got to work today, I realized that I have no idea what I'm doing.

Comments, questions and concerns:

It rained on my way in...
1. Now my hair went from "flirty curly" to "50% Diana Ross, brushed out."
2. I realized that a white tops + rain = not best first impression.
3. I'm looking down as I type and see that I have lavendar chipped nail polish and a lopsided mood ring on.
4. I think I forgot to put lotion on my legs. 90% sure I put on deoderant. Ok fine, 85%.

Ettiquette. Or lack of.
5. What do you do when you see them. Handshake? Wave? Kiss on the cheek? Ugh.
6. 7:15 for drinks. When do I admit that I'm going to be hungry by 7:30?
7. If you're not interested how do you leave it?
8. Do ppl kiss on the first date as a norm?

The last date I went on (in 2009) I was getting into the cab and he said "I dont kiss on a first date. And then he went in for it. But I was half way in the cab. And after the first sentence, wasnt exactly sure what he was going in FOR. I have a bad track record with awkwardly kissing and cabs.

Help.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I just laughed out loud multiple times. You'll be great! Can't wait for the full update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite: When do I admit I'm going to be hungry by 7:30?

    Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahaha need an update ASAP!! Congrats on #1!!

    ReplyDelete