Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

On email flirting

Not a fan.

Seriously, I haven't even gone out with you yet. The back-and-forth is witty and charming. I'll give you that.

But please, hold off on the gchat until at least date #3. This ain't a chat room circa 1998. (Cue dial-up sound.)

Our first official date is tomorrow night and I feel like I'm already eight months into a relationship that hasn't even started. (Note to avid readers, this is dude from the party a few weeks back.)

How do you politely tell someone that you don't want to tell them how your day was?!

KG, I threw in the RomCom photo just for you. I've actually never seen "You've Got Mail," but by the looks of that giant keyboard and the AOL ref, I'm guessing Tom and Meg did some online dateage.

Twelve years later, look where we are.


2 comments:

  1. 1. I'm a boy and I'm enjoying this blog quite a bit.

    2. How can you possibly have gotten this far in life without seeing YGM.

    I seriously love You've Got Mail!

    ||||||
    Brinkley!

    Don't cry shopgirl, don't cry.

    I wanted it to be you, i wanted it to be you so badly!"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPA8v06EsIY
    ||||||

    3. Now that this blog has gone global, I hope the world-class posts continue. I will be disappointed if the language becomes more tame or the descriptions less graphic now that a boy or two has infiltrated the schoolyard.

    4. KT, we gchat all the time. What exactly does that mean?

    5. As a guy, you should cut him a little slack since he did make the first move and it can be difficult for "nice guys" to be aggressive at first and move things along for fear of giving off the impression of being...well overly aggressive.

    But there is a balance there and Second Life is no substitute for real life.

    6. I love the graphic in your post as it really breaks up all the black and white -- especially ironic since dating is ANYTHING but black and white.

    7. Shouldn't MB be blogging more on this site?

    8. Is there a leader board update?

    Looking forward to reading about the next, exciting weeks of handing out dating business cards, stalking people that are 12 feet away from you at the bar on foursquare, awkward date kickoffs, and even more awkward date conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous poster,

    Thank you kindly for all your questions, comments and concerned. We will try to continue our embarassng antics and slightly too honest stories and insights to keep your continued readership.

    As for #8, dont you worry. Every Friday reality bites or drops on the Oh Crap It's Friday afternoon leaderboard.

    http://sixteendates.blogspot.com/2010/08/oci-friday-aug-13.html

    So today, is your lucky day.

    Kind Regards,

    KG

    ReplyDelete