Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Off the deep end

So it finally happened. I spilled red wine on the white couch. Ok so maybe not the “white” couch. Our couch is now, an unfortunate shade of pink.

Last week I had to send an email to my roomate’s boyfriend:

Title:
Do not be alarmed…

Subject:
…when you come to our apt on Saturday night, and our couch is PINK. No, a burglar did not break in and tie die the couch. It's a long story. Well, its not really, I basically apparently can’t do laundry. But there is vod in the freezer and olives in the fridge. See you both next week.



Last week the couch changed because of domestic stupidity. This week, because I am sitting at home on a Friday night watching/renting an embarrassing movie and just got lazy.

To make matters worse, I am not only watching a Rom-Com, but a really bad one. “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” (classic). “Guess who?” (comedy). “Family Wedding” (The knock off of the remix that I can’t believe/am sadly satisfied that I just paid $4.99 for).

I also hate how much this ridiculously stereotypical movie only reminds how much I truly love and am obsessed with Mariachis.

To top it all off, today, my diet has consisted of: Fruit, 4 giant cookies, 7 spoonfuls of rotel dip, a Corona light, ½ bag of chips, 2 glasses of wine, 2 string cheeses, a few (FINE, more than a few) spoonfuls of Ben and Jerry’s.

So I’m officially off the deep end, in every respect. But thankfully, not literally, or else I’d sink.

And they call Friday night "date night...."

2 comments:

  1. Um, "Family Wedding" is a great movie. Add in the potato chips/bread/anything starch you can get your hands on with some traditional icing and I'm so there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair. The only reason I pretended it was lame was because last weekend Charisse and I jointly decided that it was going to be awful and that we couldnt break down and purchase it.

    But when left to my own devices...ha.

    ReplyDelete